Censorship conversation questions
- What controls, if any, should there be over the media?
- Should there be more censorship? Should there be less censorship?
- What is your opinion of sexual and/or violent content in TV, films and video games?
- Which is it more important to control - sexual or violent scenes? Why should they be controlled?
- What effect, if any, do you think that sexual or violent scenes on the media have on people?
- Do you think that countries with more censorship have less violent and sexual crime?
- Do you think people were any less violent before the existence of television, films and video games?
- Do you think censorship is a good thing or a bad thing? What are your reasons?
Freedom of speech
- Should freedom of speech be absolute or should it be limited?
- What is your opinion about censoring religious themes?
- What was your opinion of the "Mohammed cartoons" affair?
- Should people of one religion be allowed to say things which believers of another religion find offensive?
- Should people be allowed to say anything which another person might find offensive for some reason?
- Should people with extreme political views be allowed a voice?
- If a political party advocates violent actions should they have the freedom to do so or should they be silenced? If so, how?
- In some countries opinions on the internet are censored by governments in order to reduce potential social instability. What do you think of this?