Camping conversation questions
- Have you ever been camping? Did you enjoy it? Why/why not?
- Do you prefer camping out or using a campsite? What are the advantages and disadvantages of both?
- Have you ever pitched a tent in the dark? In the rain? On a windy day?
- Are you good at choosing a site for the tent or do you always wake up in the middle of the night with roots or stones digging into your back? Have you ever pitched your tent in the middle of an ants' trail?
- Modern tents are very light and very easy to pitch. Have you ever had to carry and pitch the old style canvas tents?
- Have you ever slept rough, that is, on the ground without a tent to cover you? What was it like? Did you do it because you wanted to or because of the circumstances?
- How good are you at lighting campfires? Have you ever lit one in the rain? With snow? On a really windy day? Are you allowed to light campfires where you live?
- Have you ever camped in an area where there might be potentially dangerous animals like bears, wolves or wild boar? Would you? What precautions did/would you take?