Business conversation questions
Business[edit | edit source]
- Do you run your own business, or would you like to do so?
- What kind of people are good at business?
- What do you think are/would be the advantages and disadvantages of being your own boss?
- If you were the boss of the company, what would you change?
- If you are presently self-employed - why did you decide to be so?
- What do you have to do to become self-employed in your country?
- If you are presently employed then describe your present boss.
- What is a recession?
- What businesses will do well during the recession?
- What businesses will have the most problems during the recession?
- Has your country experienced recession? Did it affect your company?
- What is a pyramid scheme? Are they legal in your country?
- To whom should business be most responsible - to their employees, their customers or their shareholders?
- What are the problems and benefits associated with capitalism?
- Do you think technology is a must to grow a business?
Customer service[edit | edit source]
- Customer service is important for successful companies. Can you think of any companies with good or bad customer service? What is good or bad about their service?
- What reputation for customer service do internet service providers and telephone companies have in your country?
- If you have a complaint about a company how is it usually received in your country?
- Writing letters of complaint is a favourite exam task. Have you ever actually written a letter of complaint? What was the result?
- When you are using a company's customer service what do you expect from them? e.g. to be knowledgeable, courteous, responsive and timely or attentive.
- Is the customer always right?
Monopolies and cartels[edit | edit source]
- Are monopolies ever a good thing?
- Are government monopolies acceptable but private ones not?
- What do you think about cartels (situations where a group of independent companies works together to control a market)?
- What is your opinion of OPEC?
- Do countries have the right to do what they like with their oil?
- Why not have other cartels for wood, copper, and gas?
Business ethics[edit | edit source]
- Would you ever date a co-worker or your boss?
- What do you understand by the term 'business ethics'?
- Can you think of any companies or business which would be considered ethical or unethical? Which ones and why?
- If you received a very good salary would you be prepared to work for a tobacco company or for a company which damaged the environment?
- What would you do if you discovered that your company was stealing vast amounts of client or government money?
- Is making money the only thing a company should be concerned about? If not, what else should companies be concerned about?
Companies[edit | edit source]
- Is there a particular company you would like to be a part of? Why?
- Is there a particular company you would definitely not want to be a part of? Why?
- Would you prefer to work in a large international company or a small local company? Why?
- Which type of company do you think treats their staff better - small family companies or big international ones?
- How would you feel if your company asked you to move to a different country to help your career?
See also[edit | edit source]
- Banking conversation questions
- Corporate Social Responsibility conversation questions
- Corruption conversation questions
- Customer service conversation questions
- Employment conversation questions
- Gambling conversation questions
- Globalisation conversation questions
- Global financial crisis conversation questions
- Insurance conversation questions
- Investment conversation questions
- Knowledge management conversation questions
- Lesson:Laptop sales role-play
- Money conversation questions
- The Euro conversation questions
Business conversation questions may also be found at the following external links: