Business English (/bɪznɪs ɪŋ(g)lɪʃ/) is a register of English which is used by business people. Courses based on business content include areas such as commerce and tourism.
Common in business English is use of technical business jargon, and idioms.
The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), and the Chamber of Commerce network in other countries, offer courses and exams for both students and teachers, including the following:
- English for Business (EFB)
- Spoken English for Industry and Commerce (SEFIC)
- Written English for Tourism (WEFT)
- English for the Tourism Industry (EFTI) - Group Award (WEFT + SEFIC)
- Practical Business English (PBE)
- English for Commerce (EFC)
- Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE)
- Certificate in Teaching English for Business (CertTEB)
This article is a stub and may need expanding
. If you feel you can help improve it please click the "Edit" link at top to edit it. If you need help editing, simple guidance can be found here
This message should only be placed on talk pages, not main namespace.