Banking conversation questions
General[edit | edit source]
- Do you have a bank account? If so, why?
- How or why did you choose the bank(s) you work with?
- Have you ever closed a bank account? Why? What was the process?
- What is the process for opening a bank account in your country? How much identification do you need to provide?
- Have you ever had reason to complain to your bank? How did they react to your complaint?
- Apart from when you play Monopoly, have you ever had a bank error in your favour? What did you do about it?
- How often do you check your bank statements?
- Do you know the current manager of your branch? How often do they change? Do you think it's a good policy to change the manager regularly?
- Do you own a credit card? What is your opinion of credit cards?
- Can you explain the difference between a debit card and a credit card?
- Are cheques common in your society? If not, what are the most common methods of payment?
- Is card payment secure for online shopping ?
Money 'mechanics'[edit | edit source]
- How would you define "money"?
- We all use money. Do you feel you know enough about how money works? Who controls it?
- Where does money come from?
- How much of total "money" is actually government issued? If government does not issue all money, where does the rest come from?
- How do you think that "wealth" is created?
- Do you think schools should teach basic financial concepts? Would people be more careful of their financial situation if they knew more about how the financial institutions work? Would that benefit the world economy? The economy of your country?
- What is the government agency that issues money?
- Do banks lend out more money than is entrusted to them by depositors?
- How do banks create money?
- Why do governments borrow money and pay interest when they could print all the interest-free money they need themselves?
- How can we build a sustainable economy if the money system used depends on perpetually accelerating growth?
See also[edit | edit source]
- Business conversation questions
- Ethics conversation questions
- Gambling conversation questions
- Global financial crisis conversation questions
- Investment conversation questions
- Money conversation questions
- Shopping conversation questions
- The Euro conversation questions
Wikipedia on Money Supply Teachers who find this daunting might wish to visit this Wikipedia article first.