Artificial Intelligence conversation questions
What is AI?
- At present, what activities are computers better at than humans? Which are humans better at than computers?
- Human intelligence itself is not really well understood. How would you define it?
- How does human intelligence differ from animal intelligence?
- How would you define Artificial Intelligence or AI?
- Are computers just glorified adding-up machines or might they be capable of original thought?
- For a computer to pass the Turing Test, a human must be unable to tell whether he or she is having a conversation with a computer or another human. How close do you think computers are to passing this test?
- The objective of the Turing Test is to establish if a computer has real human-like intelligence. But if a computer were to pass the test, would it really have demonstrated this ability?
- Computers get faster and better every year. Is it just a matter of time before they become more intelligent than humans?
- Is consciousness uniquely human?
Bugs and glitches
- Have you read about an AI program not working as expected causing damage or even deaths?
- Are you worried about AI malfunctioning in the future and causing even bigger problems?
- If a computer had real intelligence, should it be given the same rights and responsibilities as people? Would it be right to ever turn it off?
- Should we be worried about computers becoming the dominant species on the planet? Would they remain our faithful servants, treat us as pets, or exterminate us like cockroaches?
- New York Times, Is Alexa Listening? Amazon Echo Sent Out Recording of Couple’s Conversation, May 25, 2018
- The Economist, Why Uber’s self-driving car killed a pedestrian, May 29, 2018