Accidents conversation questions
- Where do you think that most accidents happen: at home or at work?
- What do you think are the most common accidents at home?
- Have you ever seen a very bad accident?
- Are you, or any of your friends, accident prone? What sort of things happen to them or you?
- Are any types of people more likely to have accidents? Are any groups of people more likely to have car accidents than others? Who and why?
- Have you ever had a black eye? What happened?
- Have you ever broken a bone? What happened?
- Have you ever twisted a joint or needed stitches? What happened?
- What sorts of accidents can happen on the beach? In the mountains? In the office? Have you had any problems in any of these places?
- There are stories from time to time about industrial accidents. What could be done to reduce the number of industrial accidents?
- Could you save someone from drowning? If so, where did you learn?
- Have you ever studied first aid? What did you learn? How long ago was it? Have you done a refresher course since then?
- If you wanted to study first aid where would you go to study it? Should first aid be taught in schools?
- What should you do if you see people trapped inside a car after a car accident and there is no risk of fire? Should you try to get them out or leave them where they are? Why?
- Do you practice any sport? Is it ever dangerous? What sort of dangers might be involved in your favourite sport?
- What are the most dangerous sports?
- Do you think that dangerous sports should be prohibited or controlled in some way, or should people have complete freedom to risk their lives if they want to?
- If someone injures themselves because of a risk they have deliberately taken, should their insurance company and the state refuse to pay for medical attention?
- Have you ever been skiing? What dangers are involved in skiing?
- What's your opinion of people who venture out into the mountains, for example, without taking the necessary precautions and then need to be rescued? Should they pay back their debt to society (the cost of public services/rescue teams) in the form of social work?
- What are the qualities of a good driver?
- What are the qualities of a bad driver?
- Have you ever been in a car accident? What happened?
- Do you always stop at a zebra crossing / crosswalk if somebody is waiting to cross?
- In your opinion, who has priority at a zebra crossing / crosswalk?
- What are the main causes of accidents on the roads? How could the number of accidents be reduced?
- If a traffic light is amber, do you stop or speed up? What does the law say?
- Does a good driver always obey the speed limits?
- Do you think you are a good driver?
- What do your friends say about your driving?
- Accessibility conversation questions
- Cars conversation questions
- Cycling conversation questions
- Danger conversation questions
- Health conversation questions
- Hospitals conversation questions
- Insurance conversation questions
- Public transport conversation questions
- Skateboarding conversation questions
- Swimming conversation questions