An A to Z of me
An A to Z of me is a general speaking activity in which students answer and discuss a list of random personal questions, which are loosely based on each letter of the alphabet. It is useful as a getting-to-know-you activity, and an example is as follows:
An A to Z of me: advanced
- A: Are you a party Animal?
- B: What`s the thickest Book you`re ever read?
- C: When was the last time you handwashed your Clothes?
- D: Do you believe in Destiny?
- E: What´s the first thing you`d do if you found out the world was going to End tomorrow?
- F: Have you ever accidentally set Fire to anything?
- G: How many Goals do you think you`ll score before you die?
- H: When was the last time you asked for somebody´s Help?
- I: Who have been the the most Inspirational figures in your life?
- J: Are you any good at telling Jokes?
- K: What do you understand by Karma? Do you believe in it?
- L: Are you Left or right-handed?
- M: How would you react if a telecommunications Mast was put up beside your home?
- N: If you had to change your Nationality, which one would you choose?
- O: What time of day are you at your Optimum?
- P: Have you ever been in a political Protest or demonstration?
- Q: Would you like to meet the Queen of England? Why (not)?
- R: At what age would you like to Retire?
- S: When you read a newspaper, which sections do you Skip?
- T: Do you agree that Time is money?
- U: Which would you choose to take out in the rain; an Umbrella or a raincoat?
- V: Which do you prefer eating, raw or cooked Vegetables?
- W: Describe your favorite place in the World.
- X: How many X-rays have you had in your life?
- Y: How were you feeling Yesterday? Why?
- Z: Do you think it`s ethical to keep animals in Zoos?
Students can create their own A-Z list of questions, with the letters of the alphabet being divided between the pairs or groups.